Adventure day trip in Romania | Trekking in the Bicaz Gorges and Hasmas National Park
Individual pricing varies according to your group size. For groups larger than 4 people, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Activity Level Strenuous
Looking for an adrenaline rush? Our adventure day trip in Romania will lure you into a natural land, relatively untouched to have a unique vacation.
- Transfer from hotel or any other pick-up point to Bicaz Region (~400 km both ways);
- 1 tourist/adventure guide for max. 4 persons (English, French or Italian Speaking);
- Technical assistance;
- Entrance to various points of interest.
- Lunch (approx. €12/person)
- Personal expenses
- Health insurance
Fuel Your Adrenaline Rush
Our adventure tour will take to the impressive Bicaz Gorges. Hasmas National Park is only 3 hours away from Iasi and it offers a wide variety of activities and unique landscapes for adventure lovers and tourists alike. Lakes, rapid springs, waterfalls, rocky peaks and exciting landscapes are just waiting to be discovered. Together we can explore hidden caves and the gorges of Bicaz and Bicăjel, we can spot the famous Rupicapra (chamois) in its natural habitat, and we can hike on wild tracks or listen to the sounds of nature.
This adventure day trip in Romania offers you a wide range of activities from which you can choose one or combine many, according to your training and desire. You can choose from the following adventure activities:
- Hiking and exploring the Sugau gorges (2-3 hours of moderate effort) and the nearby routes. Here you get to climb in and cross the mountain to the other side through the Tunnel Cave, you can admire the calcareous cliffs and the relict pine forests and reach a Bellevue point from which you can look towards the Bicaz Gorges.
- Hiking around the Red Lake (1-2 hours with little effort). You can admire the beautiful natural barrage lake formed after a big earthquake only 150 years ago and you can take a short ride on a boat.
- Hike in Bicajel gorges (2-3 hours of moderate effort). This hike takes you through the spectacular landscape formed by the small Bicajel River. In hot summer days, you can take a bath in the small “bathtubs” formed by the river. A path takes us above the cliffs of Bicaz Gorges, right in the den of the chamois.
- Hike in the Garden of fairies and Suhardul Mic (2-3 hours of moderate effort). This path gives us a spectacular aerial view of the Bicaz Gorges and the Red Lake from a natural suspended amphitheater before reaching the Suhardul Mic peak – 1345 m
Starting point: Hotel or any other pick-up point at 08:00 am
Difficulty: Low – High – depending on the client’s desires and choices
Trip duration: 12 hours (4 up to 6 hours of hiking and enjoying mountain outdoor experience)
In what languages can the tour be organized?
The tour can only be organized in English.
What is the pick-up location?
We will pick you up from the hotel, or from the requested location.
At what time does the tour start?
The tour starts at 09:00.